Performance Testing Overview
- Dedicated performance testing group
- Establish a performance profile for our client's applications
- Measure response times, transaction rates and other time-sensitive requirements
- To determine end to end timing (benchmarking) of various time critical business processes and transactions
- Identify the bottlenecks
- Fine tune to ensure the acceptable response times
- Measuring the end user response time
- Checking reliability
- Measuring system capacity
- Identifying bottlenecks
- To verify that performance requirements have been achieved.
- Performance test results may also be compared with test results from prior versions of the software or other implementations to evaluate whether performance has improved or degraded as a result of revisions made.